Sunday 9 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2011!
I can't say I'm a big fan of New Year's resolutions, I make the same one's each year because I can't see them through to the end of January. Is my solution to work on my perseverance? No, ofcourse not, (I'd only give up), so instead I'm just going to change my resolutions to something I CAN stick to. Here's a few suggestions if your list isn't long enough already:
* Buy some books: I know I should be buying books for important study, but I can't bring myself to spend my christmas money on A Girl's Guide to Algebra. A Girl's Guide to Guys, now that's more like it. Try searching the ISBN no. 1874192049 to follow my lead and get yourself a copy. (Any reason for a shameless sales plug...me? No.)
*Find my favourite brand of chocolate: Typically this time of year everyone's vowing to eat healthy after a Christmas holiday of mince pies. It's a brilliant goal that I fully support but here's the catch for me, I just don't like the taste of raw carrots and oatbran. I do, however, like chocolate, so this year I'm endeavouring to find my favourite type and save myself some time choosing at the newsagents. Am I really a Twirl kinda girl? Or should I opt for a Kit Kat (make that two because, you know, they're kinda small)? Hmmm, I guess I'll have to try every brand just to find out. It's not time wasting, it's called 'finding yourself'.
*See more culture: It's important to broaden your horizons and try something new. I would love to get involved in some real high brow and artisitic pursuits; visit an art gallery, go to the opera, indulge in a symphony... But, alas, this credit crunch means my funds will just not allow it. Yet, I will not be put off my goal, I will be more culturally in tune, only I'm forced to do it through a cheaper and more accessible option...the medium of the television. Is repeat episodes of Friends and Scrubs goingt o make me more culturally aware? Ofcourse, it's American.
* Rest more: Read any health magazine and they will tell you how vital 8 hours of sleep a night is to your well being. Well if 8 hours is going to make you radiant and full of energy, what will 9 do for you? In fact go crazy and do the whole 10. Lie-ins, early nights, afternoon snoozes are no longer the realms of the lazy person, they're for the health concious. Put down that resistance band, say no to the gym membership, do yourself some real good and have a nap.

Now make a reall effort stick to these resolutions, I know its tough but just think of the sense of achievement.
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment